Recipe for plant-based carrot cake: “Come Hither Carrot Cake” recipe. Featuring Love+Magic plant-based, vegan cake mix.
- 1 Package Love + Magic Chocolate Comfort Cake Mix
- 1 Jar Love + Magic Chocolate Buttahcream Frosting
- 2 + 1/2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoons Lyle's Golden Syrup (or your syrup of choice)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Step 1. Bake the Cupcakes
Follow the package directions for the Chocolate Comfort love+magic cake mix and use the mix to bake cupcakes.
Step 2. Be Cool
Allow cupcakes to cool.
Step 3. Stir the Buttahcream
Stir the love+magic Vanilla Buttahcream and place the buttahcream into a pastry piping bag with a round tip on the end.
Step 4. Fill the Cupcakes
Insert the pastry bag's tip in the cooled cupcakes and fill to your heart's desire (it's your kitchen--no judgment over here).
Step 5. Smooth & Level
Smooth tops of the cupcakes with a butterknife to make sure the buttahcream is leveled.
+ Make the Ganache
1. Bring a small pot of water to a slight simmer over low-medium heat.
2. Combine your chocolate chips and coconut cream in a metal bowl an dace on top of the simmering pot of water.
3. Stir intermittently and allow the chocolate chips to melt completely.
4. Once the chips have melted, add your syrup or choice and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
5. Dip your cupcakes in your ganache, and enjoy life!